Sunday, February 27, 2011

THREE CROWS ON PLAINS

"Three Crows On The Plains" $55 U.S.
Painted in Acrylic on 9" X 12" 140 lb. paper.  

How to Purchase: Buy this art! Send me an Email

Send a cash donation to:
Dan Bunch
2236 Co. Rd. 314
Cleburne, TX
76031

All paintings and artwork are guaranteed! If you are not satisfied you can get all your purchase money back upon the return, (with pryor notification to me), in new condition, of any artwork! No questions asked. (only the shippiing; posting; handling; if any; costs will not be refunded.)

Howdy,


HELP! I need help.

How in the world can I Epublish my book?

I read and read, and the more I read, the more I am confused.

It seems there is more to this publication of an ebook than I figured on. I have to spend hours reading a "how to guide"? And then I have to "translate" my book to some other handy dandy dot something file? And then I might get it in shape, but probably not on the first try, to publish it online with a site such as Amazon or smashwords.

Thing is; the problem is; me! I'm about as illiterate, and intend to stay that way, than anyone concerning computers. My trouble is that as I tend to wake up every morning in a "new world", one of no "order" by the way, I also wake up to changes that I cannot cope with. I cannot cope due to the fast changes. And I can't keep up due to my complete "care less" (Is that la' se' fare' :) attitude of the computing world. I just don't want anything much past being able to write, post, get email, and simple stuff such as that. Computers are good as a communications device. A telephone, letter writing, telegraphing, thing. But as a way to do business, it is just a mess. That is not because of changes, it is because of fast changes. Too fast to keep up due to the constant reading and studying one has to do in order to keep abreast of these changes.

Change would be ok, but it is not like other changes in my world. If I see a change in automobiles I don't like I can say "no thanks". But in the online world, if the online world changes to Java, a thing I now hate in its newest form, then I have no option! If I want to read things online, I MUST have the java, and for that matter the latest version of Internet Explorer, or I can't see the newest pages! It lets one be behind a bit, but not forever. Sooner or later I MUST make the change.

Now I know that is good for business. That is a good thing. I like business. And causing people to change to something better is good for business. Offering the latest is right up there with good business practices. I ought to know.

But there should be such a thing as options. If I want to use this or that, it seems, now a days, there is little in the way of options for the computer user. I have to pay out the nose too. Which sort of hacks me off. I don't mind buying a new pickup, if I need one. But it should be up to me. Not up to someone that changes the roads so the regular old tires and wheels on your older model can't even get on the street! See what I mean?
Now, what am I to do? Who, or more like, which, publisher should I go with? I wrote a good western genre book. Now who can I go to? I have been looking online at a few of them.

And which would be best? To self publish on Smashwords, or use an Ebook publisher that also publishes on Smashwords and Amazon and others? What financially is the difference to my wallet?

Lots of decisions, and not much time to read it all to make the decision. If I spend the time necessary to read and understand it all, the market, and the business is apt to change before I get to a decision!

So I do need help deciding. Anyone out there have any suggestions? Please!

Later,
Dan Bunch
TX

No comments:

Post a Comment