Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Primitive" Western Art of Dan Bunch

"VALLEY BUFFALO HUNT" $65 U.S.
Painted in Acrylic on 9" X 12" 140 lb. paper. Send me an Email

How to Purchase: Buy this art!

Send a cash donation to:
Dan Bunch
2236 Co. Rd. 314
Cleburne, TX
76031

All paintings and artwork are guaranteed! If you are not satisfied you can get all your purchase money back upon the return, (with pryor notification to me), in new condition, of any artwork! No questions asked. (only the shippiing; posting; handling; if any; costs will not be refunded.)

"WAITING WATCHING" $45 U.S.
Painted in Acrylic on 9" X 12" 140 lb. paper. Send me an Email
How to Purchase: Buy this art!

Howdy,
I thought I would show you a painting where I tried to combine motion and emotion at the same time. It is a most difficult form of art for me to do. I have seen where artists paint in oil a horse and rider and "smeared" the background sort of. Or that is my impression. It is unique. But in my way of doing art I have quite a different look. I paint with a feeling, not a seeing with my eyes. I did have my eyes operated on. My wife said, "Finally you will see that you do not need to paint so bright!" No, I need to use right-out-of-the-tube like I am doing. I do mix some paint, depending upon the subject. But as you might be able to tell, I certainly am not a painter like other "schooled" artists!
 
"HERATIGE" $150 U.S.
Painted in Acrylic on 9" X 12" 140 lb. paper. Send me an Email
How to Purchase: Buy this art!

I am a



"Primitive" western artist. My dad loved art. Not the "wierd", "schooled" art of the times we lived in, but the, to him, "natural" and "native" art, with its color combinations, of his world. He taught me much about "seeing". Once when we were walking to a Medicine Mound, and along an old Indain camp, it's southern slight hillside exposed to the early sun (a neat way of finding those sites!), we had to cross a shallow, narrow, water seep, that was not more than anything other than a draining of the deep East Texas sandy land. He stopped me, and asked if I was ready to die at such an early age? I was some mystified by his question, and mumbled a "No sir!" He pointed down right below my feet. Hidden in the quick rappids running across what was the day before, grass growing in a low spot, was a cotton-mouth snake! I learned early on to look and to "see" like a Native American. I have ancestors that I am very proud of! Cherokee, Choctaw, and African. I am a Melungeon, and proud of it also. The more I learn the more I am amazed at the audacity of the European to consider, using Christianity as a sort of "cloak" to take what was not theirs. But then the Native American Culture asked for a "taming" in my opinon, and they got it. If you don't progress as a society, then you will be over-run by the societies that do progress. Or so history would seem to me to make it seem.
(Research; Melungeon; and; Walter A. Plecker; Hitler loved his solutions. So did the rich in at the time America, and they still do! Only they hide it inside purposefully "Mis-named" programs today.)

Later,
Dan Bunch
TX

No comments:

Post a Comment