Saturday, February 19, 2011

"Smart Aleck"

"Smart Aleck" $125 U.S.

Mixed media; Sculpted in wax and clay and Painted in Acrylic on 9" X 12" 140 lb. paper.

How to Purchase: Buy this art! Send me an Email

Send a cash donation to:

Dan Bunch
2236 Co. Rd. 314
Cleburne, TX
76031


All paintings and artwork are guaranteed! If you are not satisfied you can get all your purchase money back upon the return, in new condition, of any artwork! No questions asked. (only the shippiing; posting; handling; if any; costs will not be refunded.)

Howdy,

This is a sculpture of two large aquatic animals in play. Sculpted in mixed media; wax with acrylic paint overall.

I love to do art of all kinds. I sculpt, paint, make "old timey" knives. I just love art. I have always done art no matter what my condition or level of education, or job, or joblessness! I would do art in prison I guess.

If you see art prisoners have done, take a look at the deeper meaning of some of it. It is amazing that their feelings and crimes, and the passion they felt to cause them to commit those crimes, it comes out in the art!

At a small flea market where someone was trying to "help" the art community inside a prison was showing their artwork, I once saw a painting, a great looking painting. Done on some sort of board. They cut it in half to use it. This one was of an adult man that you could not see much of, hugging a small boy who was standing in front of the man sitting on a bucket. The boys back was turned towards the viewer. Boots and cowboy hats and large wide western type belt was wonderfully done in greens, blues, and browns. Then I walked along and looked at several other paintings,.... then halted! Something in that painting caught my eye, but not the "thinking " part of my brain. I just had to go look again. And yep, there it was, the little finger, and next finger, of the hand of the man that went around the boys back, was inserted under the child cowboy's pants top! Ok........gotta think about that Freudian thing, right?

Later,
Dan Bunch
TX

No comments:

Post a Comment