Wednesday, February 16, 2011

THE RETREAT

"THE RETREAT"  $45 U.S.
Painted in Acrylic on 9" X 12" 140 lb paper.
How to Purchase: Buy this art! Send me an Email

Send a cash donation to:
Dan Bunch
2236 Co. Rd. 314
Cleburne, TX
76031
All paintings are guaranteed! If you are not satisfied you can get all your purchase money back upon the return, in new condition, of any artwork! No questions asked. (Only the shipping; posting; handling, if any; costs will not be refunded)
Howdy,

I try my best to show movement, motion, and emotion in my paintings. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If it seems like in one painting I might be losing my mind, it is just me ignoring the rules again and trying to show motion and emotion. Every painting is an experiment. There is no "This way" about art. That is why it is so intriguing. It is not a simple subject that can be taught as a Expert might teach some technical skill. It is much more than one single odyssey.

Memories are flooding over me today. I was talking to the wife about a senior citizen that used to be in the Navy. And with the weather as it is, it just causes me at times to remember my days in the Navy. I served aboard River Patrol Boats in the VN war. Yep! I am an American Veteran and damn proud of it. I do not however miss a single day of those terrible times. It was either "Wait"; "Boring"; or "Quick get a gun!" and I might add, "Call Moonriver!" (call for help like helos!)

But I survived, somewhat. I still to this day pay for those many days. The health you know? And the fact is the only thing that gets me upset these days is to hear someone define me and others like me, as "vietnam vets". I am not, as I pointed out to you earlier, a "vietnam vet"! Otherwise, I am old, and getting more than set in my ways and hard to get along with, as the wife would describe me.

Me and my wife were childhood sweethearts. We attended the same school. We had fun with the same friends. And we have two children, and five grandchildren. It is almost time to start expecting marriages, and then Great Grandchildren! Now that is hard to contemplate! I still have the mind of a 18 year old! Of course that is the "delayed stress" coupled with a "short term memory loss". And worse, but I don't want to bore you. Veterans, that is, combat Veterans, tend to have what is called a "Peter pan complex". They never grew up. So I am, in some ways, still "stuck" in my late teens. But then most men are just grown up "little boys" with hormones and a "Rut" complex.

Later,

Dan Bunch

TX

No comments:

Post a Comment