Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cowboy and Friend

"Cowboy and Friend" $55 U.S.
Painted in Acrylic on 9" X 12" 140 lb. paper.

How to Purchase: Buy this art! Send me an Email

Send a cash donation to:
Dan Bunch
2236 Co. Rd. 314
Cleburne, TX
76031

All paintings and artwork are guaranteed! If you are not satisfied you can get all your purchase money back upon the return, (with pryor notification to me), in new condition, of any artwork! No questions asked. (only the shippiing; posting; handling; if any; costs will not be refunded.)

Howdy,

I am looking into publishing my book as an ebook. I got a URL to Amazon from a buddy, who suggested I take a look there first. First, meaning that there are many that publish an ebook, but also send or market to Amazon. Thing is; that the whole process is quite complicated. That is for an old man that hardly speaks English in the first place.
I was raised in North Texas. I do speak a form of English. It is more of "barnyard" English than what you might be used to. It involves a lot of "dropjaw" and "rounding off" of words, punctuated by fits of spitting on the ground. You think that is vulgar? Well, then you haven't been standing in any old corrals lately! If you do, you will want to spit every few minutes in order to try to get the stench of the animal waste out of your nose. It filters in with all the dust churned up my the feet of the animals, as they twist and fight each other as if they were not all going to be fed. Just like people, they want to be fed first!

I got online and took a look at the process. I was not stunned. It was more like confused. I often stay confused. Do you know what that the "process" of publishing the ebook yourself involves? It is torture just to think about it!

First you have to learn the Amazon or whatever site you are going to use, process. Then you have to learn in that process how to convert to PDF, how to pick your "book size", then how to "trim" the pages. Then you will want to post the actual book. That is; after you look at a long list, and this also means spending time studying, the many things that "newbies" make mistakes the most at. Then you get to make a book cover, which involves picking out one from 150,000 visuals! AND learning how to make the cover. You see, it too has to involve reading for days and study, just to line the picture up you want to use. Then, if that goes well, you have about fifty other small leaning processes to do to finish your "easy" ebook publishing.

Oh! By the way, they have a list of people who specialize in all of this. I have no idea why, since it is so easy! Why would you need to hire someone to do something that is sooo easy to do? I think I know why. (see above list, which is only a partial one!)


I can hardly type. Which is the one thing, the one skill, that I did learn in school. I have no memory of anything much that I did in school. No one back then ever thought to say to me, "Learn to learn". Then ya got it! I can study and learn anything else I want to do. But it seems that publishing an ebook is like becoming a pilot. First thing is not to study flying, it is to get over the attack of nerves and the jitters from being suspended over Brooklyn or something! As my buddy, who by making this remark to his wife on what was his last flying day, told me, "I asked her, Honey; what the hell do you think that chair is bolted to that you are hanging onto with such white knuckles?" And that did it! No more flying for him, cause she would not stay at home while he want up, and now she would not go flying!

I may have to hire some college kid or perhaps find a preschooler to do the ebook thing for me? But I am going to try to digest it first. I hate to find something I cannot do. It drives me up a wall!

Later,
Dan Bunch
TX

No comments:

Post a Comment